|Providing long-term protection and security for yourselves and your loved ones shouldn't be left until you're older, have children, own a house or acquire other assets. Similarly, protecting and safeguarding your family's assets against the risk of business failure, relationship breakdown or other risks needs pre-planning and a long lead-in period to be effective.
Trusts & Asset Planning
We can help you structure and plan ownership to ensure your family's assets are protected.
|To help protect your assets we can assist you by;
• Working closely with you, and your financial advisors, to ascertain the most effective asset protection structures for your specific requirements
• Establishing personalised family trusts, charitable trusts, trading trusts and/or educational trusts
• Advising on trust documentation including formation and compliance
• Administering and managing gifting programmes
• Providing advice to trustees on their responsibilities and obligations, and
• Advising on relationship property issues, and on family succession
All our clients have the option of using our trustee company as a professional independent trustee for any trust.
To know more about trusts and how they can help protect you and your family, please get in touch with us for a copy of our handbook To Trust or Not to Trust
Having an up to date Will is one of the most important documents that you can have for your loved ones. It makes sure your wishes are carried out and that arrangements are in place for your family when you pass away.
|Our experienced team can help you with;
• Preparing a new Will, or help you review your existing Will
• Preparation of and reviewing Enduring Powers of Attorney (Personal Care & Welfare, and Property) which provide appropriate safeguards in the event of you becoming physical or mental incapable, and
• Advising family who may not be able to act for themselves under the Protection of Personal Property Act (PPPR)
We have a widely experienced team helping in the administration of deceased estates.
|We can help with;
• The application for administration or probate of Wills
• Administering the estate, including the sale of assets, payment of outstanding accounts, and distribution of assets to the beneficiaries, and
• Advising, and providing representation if required, on potential claims against estates under the Family Protection Act, the Law Reform (Testamentary Promises) Act and the Property (Relationships) Act.
We also work closely with families (including those who live off-shore) on personal administration matters. For example, we can help you with any accounting work including taxation advice, and general financial administration.
If you'd like to know more about our expertise in this field, or how we can help you, please contact one of our team